Monday, November 16, 2009
Reading Response CR
In these few pages, Bruce Ballinger tries to give a new look on revising. I never take revising too seriously. I feel, however, after reading these pages and listening to the class lecture, I'm going to try and look at revising in a new way. The point of this part of Ballinger's book is to try to teach students how to revise the right way. He talks about purpose and makes it clear that it is OK to mark up your draft and tear it to pieces, even if you are scared. He also makes a point of explaining that your thesis isn't something set in stone; it can pave the way for a new and improves paper. Also, to help make his point even more clear, Ballinger explains that sometimes people just leave little information out that they don't realize they need. One thing I found interesting, was his passage about voice. I had trouble trying to make my op-ed have a voice of its own and I'm both excited and nervous to try and fix that in my revisions. It was a helpful tool to read Ballinger's examples of a bland interpretation of facts versus a livelier version. I will hopefully try and apply this information to my revisions in the next few weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment